Chih-Ching Wu Ph.D.
Department of Medical Biotechnology and Laboratory Science
College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan
No. 259 Wen-Hwa 1st Road, Kweishan, Taoyuan 333, Taiwan
Tel: 886-3-2118800 ext 5093; e-mail: email@example.com
1992-1996 B.A. Chang Gung University, Taiwan Medical Technology
1996-1998 MSc. Chang Gung University, Taiwan Tumor immunology
1998-2005 Ph.D. Chang Gung University, Taiwan Biochemistry
2005-2006 Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Chang Gung University
2006-2008 Proteomics Core Laboratory, Chang Gung University
2008-2010 Research assistant professor
Molecular Medicine Research Center, Chang Gung University
2010-present Assistant professor
Department of Medical Biotechnolog and Laboratory Science, Chang Gung University
- Wang LJ, Huang HY, Huang MP, Liou W, Chang YT, Wu CC, Ojcius DM, Chang YS.The microtubule-associated protein, EB1, links AIM2 inflammasomes with autophagy-dependent secretion. J Biol Chem 2014, Aug 27. [Epub ahead of print]
- Hsu CW, Yu JS, Peng PH, Liu SC, Chang YS, Chang KP, Wu CC. Secretome profiling of primary cells reveals that THBS2 is a salivary biomarker of oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma. J Proteome Res 2014, Apr 16. [Epub ahead of print].
- Wang LJ, Wu CC, Lee SY, Tsai YF. Salivary neurosteroid levels and behavioural profiles of children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder during six months of methylphenidate treatment. J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 2014, 24(6), 336-40.
- Chen CD, Wang CL, Yu CJ, Chien KY, Chen YT, Chen MC, Chang YS, Wu CC#, Yu JS#. Targeted proteomics pipeline reveals potential biomarkers for the diagnosis of metastatic lung cancer in pleural effusion. J Proteome Res 2014, 13(6), 2818-29. (#corresponding author)
- Wu CC, Chang YT, Chang KP, Liu YL, Liu HP, Lee IL, Yu JS, Chiang WF. Salivary auto-antibodie
- 2s as noninvasive diagnostic markers of oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2014, 23(8), 1569-78
- Yeh YM, Chen CY, Huang PR, Hsu CW, Wu CC#, Wang TC#. Proteomic analyses of genes regulated by heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoproteins A/B in Jurkat cells. Proteomics 2014, 14(11), 1357-66. (#corresponding author)
- Chen CC, Liu HP, Chao M, Liang Y, Tsang NM, Huang HY, Wu CC, Chang YS. NF-kB-mediated transcriptional upregulation of TNFAIP2 by the Epstein-Barr virus oncoprotein, LMP1, promotes cell motility in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Oncogene 2014, 33(28), 3648-59.
- Lin HR*, Wu CC*,#, Wu YH, Hsu CW, Cheng ML, Chiu DT. Proteome-wide dysregulation by glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) reveals a novel protective role for G6PD in aflatoxin B1-mediated cytotoxicity. J Proteome Res 2013, 12(7), 3434-48. (*equal contribution, #corresponding author)
- Chen CL, Lin TS, Tsai CH, Wu CC, Chung T, Chien KY, Wu M, Chang YS, Yu JS, Chen YT. Identification of potential bladder cancer markers in urine by abundant-protein depletion coupled with quantitative proteomics. J Proteomics 2013, 85, 28-43.
- Chang KP, Wu CC, Fang KH, Tsai CY, Chang YL, Liu SC, Kao HK. Serum levels of chemokine (C-X-C motif) ligand 9 (CXCL9) are associated with tumor progression and treatment outcome in patients with oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma. Oral Oncol 2013, 49(8), 802-7.
- Chang KP, Kao HK, Wu CC, Fang KH, Chang YL, Huang YC, Liu SC, Cheng MH. Pretreatment interleukin-6 serum levels are associated with patient survival for oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2013, 148(5), 786-91.
- Chang YF, Yu JS, Chang YT, Su LC, Wu CC, Chang YS, Lai CS, Chou C. The utility of a high-throughput scanning biosensor in the detection of the pancreatic cancer marker ULBP2. Biosens Bioelectron 2013, 41(1), 232-7.
- Wang LJ, Hsu CW, Chen CC, Liang Y, Chen LC, Ojcius DM, Tsang NM, Hsueh C, Wu CC#, Chang YS#. Interactome-wide analysis identifies end-binding protein 1 as a crucial component for the speck-like particle formation of activated AIM2 inflammasomes. Mol Cell Proteomics 2012, 11(11), 1230-44. (#corresponding author)
- Tsai MH, Wu CC, Peng PH, Liang Y, Hsiao YC, Chien KY, Chen JT, Lin SJ, Tang RP, Hsieh LL, Yu JS. Identification of secretory gelsolin as a plasma biomarker associated with distant organ metastasis of colorectal cancer. J Mol Med 2012, 90(2), 187-200.
- Liu HP, Chen CC, Wu CC, Huang YC, Liu SC, Liang Y, Chang KP, Chang YS. Epstein-Barr Virus-Encoded LMP1 Interacts with FGD4 to Activate Cdc42 and Thereby Promote Migration of Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma Cells. PLoS Pathog 2012, 8(5), e1002690.
- Hsu CC, Lee YC, Yeh SH, Chen CH, Wu CC, Wang TY, Chen YN, Hung LY, Liu YW, Chen HK, Hsiao YT, Wang WS, Tsou JH, Tsou YH, Wu MH, Chang WC, Lin DY. 58-kDa microspherule protein (MSP58) is novel Brahma-related gene 1 (BRG1)-associated protein that modulates p53/p21 senescence pathway. J Biol Chem 2012, 287(27), 22533-48.
- Chen YT, Chen HW, Domanski D, Smith DS, Liang KH, Wu CC, Chen CL, Chung T, Chen MC, Chang YS, Parker CE, Borchers CH, Yu JS. Multiplexed quantification of 63 proteins in human urine by multiple reaction monitoring-based mass spectrometry for discovery of potential bladder cancer biomarkers. J Proteomics 2012, 75(12), 3529-45.
- Chen CL, Lai YF, Tang P, Chien KY, Yu JS, Tsai CH, Chen HW, Wu CC, Chung T, Hsu CW, Chen CD, Chang YS, Chang PL, Chen YT. Comparative and targeted proteomic analyses of urinary microparticles from bladder cancer and hernia patients. J Proteome Res 2012, 11(12), 5611-29.
- Yu CJ, Wang CL, Wang CI, Chen CD, Dan YM, Wu CC, Wu YC, Lee IN, Tsai YH, Chang YS, Yu JS. Comprehensive proteome analysis of malignant pleural effusion for lung cancer biomarker discovery by using multidimensional protein identification technology. J Proteome Res 2011, 10(10), 4671-82.
- Yu CJ, Chang KP, Chang YJ, Hsu CW, Liang Y, Yu JS, Chi LM, Chang YS, Wu CC. Identification of guanylate-binding protein 1 as a potential oral cancer marker involved in cell invasion using omics-based analysis. J Proteome Res 2011, 10(8), 3778-88.
- Wang LJ, Huang YS, Hsiao CC, Chiang YL, Wu CC, Shang ZY, Chen CK. Salivary dehydroepiandrosterone, but not cortisol, is associated with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. World J Biol Psychiatry 2011, 12(2), 99-109.
- Wang LJ, Hsiao CC, Huang YS, Chiang YL, Ree SC, Chen YC, Wu YW, Wu CC, Shang ZY, Chen CK. Association of salivary dehydroepiandrosterone levels and symptoms in patients with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder during six months of treatment with methylphenidate. Psychoneuroendocrinology 2011, 36(8), 1209-16.
- Wang CI, Wang CL, Wang CW, Chen CD, Wu CC, Liang Y, Tsai YH, Chang YS, Yu JS, Yu CJ. Importin subunit alpha-2 is identified as a potential biomarker for non-small cell lung cancer by integration of the cancer cell secretome and tissue transcriptome. Int J Cancer 2011, 128(10), 2364-72.
- Peng PH, Wu CC#, Liu SC, Chang KP, Chen CD, Chang YT, Hsu CW, Chang YS, Yu JS#. Quantitative plasma proteome analysis reveals aberrant level of blood coagulation-related proteins in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. J Proteomics 2011, 74(5), 744-57. (#corresponding author)
- Liu HP*, Wu CC*, Kao HY, Huang YC, Liang Y, Chen CC, Yu JS, Chang YS. Proteome-wide dysregulation by PRA1 depletion delineates a role of PRA1 in lipid transport and cell migration. Mol Cell Proteomics 2011, 10(3), M900641MCP200. (*equal contribution)
- Chang YT, Wu CC#, Shyr YM, Chen TC, Hwang TL, Yeh TS, Chang KP, Liu HP, Liu YL, Tsai MH, Chang YS, Yu JS#. Secretome-Based Identification of ULBP2 as a Novel Serum Marker for Pancreatic Cancer Detection. PloS One 2011, 6(5), e20029. (#corresponding author)
- Chang KP, Chang YT, Wu CC, Liu YL, Chen MC, Tsang NM, Hsu CL, Chang YS, Yu JS. Multiplexed immunobead-based profiling of cytokine markers for detection of nasopharyngeal carcinoma and prognosis of patient survival. Head Neck 2011, 33(6), 886-97.
- Chang KP, Chang YT, Liao CT, Yen TC, Chen IH, Chang YL, Liu YL, Chang YS, Yu JS#, Wu CC#. Prognostic cytokine markers in peripheral blood for oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma identified by multiplexed immunobead-based profiling. Clin Chim Acta 2011, 412(11-12), 980-7. (#corresponding author)
- Zhai HL, Chang YT, Wu CC, Yu JS. An approach to the elimination of inter-individual variability in tumor detection. Analyst 2010, 135(5), 875-9. (#corresponding author)
- Wu CC*, Hsu CW*, Chen CD, Yu CJ, Chang KP, Tai DI, Liu HP, Su WH, Chang YS, Yu JS. Candidate serological biomarkers for cancer identified from the secretomes of 23 cancer cell lines and the human protein atlas. Mol Cell Proteomics 2010, 9(6), 1100-17. (*equal contribution)
- Chen YT, Chen CL, Chen HW, Chung T, Wu CC, Chen CD, Hsu CW, Chen MC, Tsui KH, Chang PL, Chang YS, Yu JS. Discovery of novel bladder cancer biomarkers by comparative urine proteomics using iTRAQ technology. J Proteome Res 2010, 9(11), 5803-15.
- Chang KP*, Wu CC*, Chen HC, Chen SJ, Peng PH, Tsang NM, Lee LY, Liu SC, Liang Y, Lee YS, Hao SP, Chang YS, Yu JS. Identification of candidate nasopharyngeal carcinoma serum biomarkers by cancer cell secretome and tissue transcriptome analysis: potential usage of cystatin A for predicting nodal stage and poor prognosis. Proteomics 2010, 10(14), 2644-60. (*equal contribution)
- Wang CL, Wang CI, Liao PC, Chen CD, Liang Y, Chuang WY, Tsai YH, Chen HC, Chang YS, Yu JS, Wu CC#, Yu CJ#. Discovery of retinoblastoma-associated binding protein 46 as a novel prognostic marker for distant metastasis in nonsmall cell lung cancer by combined analysis of cancer cell secretome and pleural effusion proteome. J Proteome Res 2009, 8(10), 4428-40. (#corresponding author)
- Chang YH*, Wu CC*, Chang KP, Yu JS, Chang YC, Liao PC. Cell secretome analysis using hollow fiber culture system leads to the discovery of CLIC1 protein as a novel plasma marker for nasopharyngeal carcinoma. J Proteome Res 2009, 8(12), 5465-74. (*equal contribution)
- Wu CC*, Peng PH*, Chang YT, Huang YS, Chang KP, Hao SP, Tsang NM, Yeh CT, Chang YS, Yu JS. Identification of potential serum markers for nasopharyngeal carcinoma from a xenografted mouse model using Cy-dye labeling combined with three-dimensional fractionation. Proteomics 2008, 8(17), 3605-20. (*equal contribution)
- Wu CC*, Huang YS*, Lee LY, Liang Y, Tang RP, Chang YS, Hsieh LL, Yu JS. Overexpression and elevated plasma level of tumor-associated antigen 90K/Mac-2 binding protein in colorectal carcinoma. Proteomics Clin Appl 2008, 2(12), 1586-95. (*equal contribution)
- Wu CC, Chen HC, Chen SJ, Liu HP, Hsieh YY, Yu CJ, Tang R, Hsieh LL, Yu JS, Chang YS. Identification of collapsin response mediator protein-2 as a potential marker of colorectal carcinoma by comparative analysis of cancer cell secretomes. Proteomics 2008, 8(2), 316-32.
- Weng LP, Wu CC, Hsu BL, Chi LM, Liang Y, Tseng CP, Hsieh LL, Yu JS. Secretome-based identification of Mac-2 binding protein as a potential oral cancer marker involved in cell growth and motility. J Proteome Res 2008, 7(9), 3765-75.
- Ni MH, Wu CC, Chan WH, Chien KY, Yu JS. GSK-3 mediates the okadaic acid-induced modification of collapsin response mediator protein-2 in human SK-N-SH neuroblastoma cells. J Cell Biochem 2008, 103(6), 1833-48.
- Chow KP, Wu CC, Chang HY, Chang C, Chang YS. A simplified tumour model established via Epstein-Barr virus-encoded, nasopharyngeal carcinoma-derived oncogene latent membrane protein 1 in immunocompetent mice. Lab Anim 2008, 42(2), 193-203.
- Chang KP, Hao SP, Chang JH, Wu CC, Tsang NM, Lee YS, Hsu CL, Ueng SH, Liu SC, Liu YL, Wei PC, Liang Y, Chang YS, Yu JS. Macrophage inflammatory protein-3alpha is a novel serum marker for nasopharyngeal carcinoma detection and prediction of treatment outcomes. Clin Cancer Res 2008, 14(21), 6979-87.
- Liu HP, Wu CC, Chang YS. PRA1 promotes the intracellular trafficking and NF-kappaB signaling of EBV latent membrane protein 1. EMBO J 2006, 25(17), 4120-30.
- Wu CC, Chien KY, Tsang NM, Chang KP, Hao SP, Tsao CH, Chang YS, Yu JS. Cancer cell-secreted proteomes as a basis for searching potential tumor markers: nasopharyngeal carcinoma as a model. Proteomics 2005, 5(12), 3173-82.
- Hsieh YJ, Wu CC, Chang CJ, Yu JS. Subcellular localization of Photofrin determines the death phenotype of human epidermoid carcinoma A431 cells triggered by photodynamic therapy: when plasma membranes are the main targets. J Cell Physiol 2003, 194(3), 363-75.
- Chan WH, Wu CC, Yu JS. Curcumin inhibits UV irradiation-induced oxidative stress and apoptotic biochemical changes in human epidermoid carcinoma A431 cells. J Cell Biochem 2003, 90(2), 327-38.
- Yu JS, Tsai HC, Wu CC, Weng LP, Li HP, Chung PJ, Chang YS. Induction of inducible nitric oxide synthase by Epstein-Barr virus B95-8-derived LMP1 in Balb/3T3 cells promotes stress-induced cell death and impairs LMP1-mediated transformation. Oncogene 2002, 21(52), 8047-61.
Patent and technology transfer
- 余兆松、張雅婷、吳治慶、石宜銘、張玉生。胰臟癌之血清生物檢測標誌及其應用(A serological marker for detecting pancreatic cancer and a method for using the serological marker)。中華民國專利發明第I408370號，專利權期間: 2013/9/11~2031/5/18。
Conference paper and book/chapter
- Wu CC, Chang YS, Chow KP. The immunogenicity of tumor cells that express Epstein-Barr virus encoded LMP1 isolated from NPC in immunocompetent mice. The 10th international congress of immunology. 1998, 1257-1261, India.
- Chen YT, Parker CE, Chen HW, Chen CL, Domanski D, Smith DS, Wu CC, Chung T, Liang KH, Chen MC, Chang YS, Borchers CH, Yu JS. Chapter 10: A Pipeline that Integrates the Discovery and Verification Studies of Urinary Protein Biomarkers Reveals Candidate Markers for Bladder Cancer in Comprehensive Biomarker Discovery and Validation for Clinical Application. Peter Horvatovich, Rainer Bischoff, David E. Thurston (Editors), Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC), 2013.
Honors and awards
- 2009 HUPO Young Investigator Travel Award
- 2009 TPS International Proteomics Conference and 5th AOHUPO MPI Workshop Poster Award
- 2007 AOHUPO/KSMS Young Scientist Award
- 2004 Chang Gung University Youth Award